Welcome to Faraway Files a weekly travel link up! I’m particularly excited about this week because I’ll not only be joining up, but I’ll also be co-hosting this amazing travel community along with Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles, and Corey from Fifi & Hop. I discovered the Faraway Files travel blogging community around week four and have been faithfully contributing each week since.
Through this community I have discovered places far and near, made connections both long distance and in person, and most importantly I’ve made friends! Corey and I met in NOLA last April, and I’m excited to be meeting Clare in England this coming holiday season! Erin and I share a Pacific Northwest connection, and I know we’ll find ourselves in the same place one of these days…
If you’re already following me at hilarystyle.me (You’re not? What are you waiting for?) then you’ll know I have two boys and wherever I go, they go, which means at the ages of 9 and 15 they are world travelers and all around go along guys! Like all of you I love to travel and explore the world both near and far, and when I’m not traveling I’m busy exploring my hometown of Los Angeles!
This week I’ll be sharing a post about LA Museums. Did you know there are over 100 museums in Los Angeles? I’m nowhere near making a dent, but I have checked off a few…
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles, Corey of Fifi & Hop and Hilary of hilarystyle.
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on ou r blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, Hilarystyle and Fifi & Hop. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @hilarystyleme, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Pin for later:
Congrats on becoming a host! You’re a perfect fit!
Awe! Thank you!! Xx
It’s so great to have you join us on Faraway Files, Hilary. I’m so excited about meeting you and your boys in person next month. Xx
Thank you so much and me too!
fifi + hop
Yay – it’s happening!