Are you a city mouse or a country mouse? I’m most definitely a city mouse, but even a city mouse needs to escape the hustle sometimes, so this week I’m sharing my recent adventures at Malibu State Creek Park, which is the perfect spot to spend an afternoon. Not only is it a lovely scenic spot, but its close proximity to LA made it a prime filming location and for the better part of a century many of the films and television shows we know and love were filmed there. Where else in the world can you combine Hollywood with hiking, What about you, do you, where do you go to escape? Is it somewhere close by, or far from home? Either way, I hope you’ll share it with here on this week’s edition of Faraway Files.
Speaking of country mice, Elliot and I are getting ready for our
escape journey to England in a few days, where we’ll be spending some quality time with friends exploring outside the city. See you next month… In the meantime Clare was our host last week and her favorites were:
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles. How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favorite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favorites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
I’m a little bit country and a little bit rock-n-roll. Ha! After living 4.5 years in the city here in Copenhagen, I definitely need breaks to country and nature and seaside and mountains. I had a good balance of that at home in Oregon. Need to seek it out more where we live here. Cheers from here!
Ha! Me too, but mostly rock-n-roll! We’re lucky to have the beach as an escape, but it’s great to have all these hiking opportunities close to home.
Thank you very much for choosing my post as one of the favourites. It’s so much to fun to be part of this link up and know more about the wonderful world around us. I really appreciate the gift of encouragement, it makes writing a little bit more worthwhile.