Welcome to another week of Faraway Files! Now that the chaos of Thanksgiving is over I’m ready for the chaos of Christmas. I love this time of year and all the festivity it brings. I may not be in the majority, but I also love holiday shopping, the lights, the Christmas music, and even the crowds of shoppers. This week I’ll be sharing about my recent visit to the LA Fashion District where I picked up a number of fun holiday gifts for my family.
While I love a pretty package, I love an experience even more, especially one that involves travel. This year my family and I will be traveling over the winter holidays and we are excited to see and do many new things!
Check out these recent posts written by my fellow travel bloggers. I’ve been inspired by their adventures, and I bet you will be too!
Catherine from Catherine’s Cultural Wednesdays gets us in the holiday spirit with her post about London’s upcoming Christmas shows. I’m especially excited about this post, as I’ll be in London in the coming weeks, and there are many fun choices.
Annabel of Smudged Postcard is thinking ahead, so if you’re a planner and you need ideas for spring break, you’ll want to check out her post about where to spend the Easter holidays. She mentions many places already on my list of must-see places, and her amazing photos won’t make it easy to choose just one.
Cathy from MummyTravels tells us all about her magical visit to the desert of Oman, a place I admit I never considered visiting, but now that I’ve read about her adventures I’ve been opened up to a whole new world…
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Pin for later: