Welcome to this week’s edition of Faraway Files, a fabulous travel blogging community, where people from all over the world share their travel tips, inspiration, and adventures! I think of it as the modern day form of having a pen pal(s)! I’m excited to be to be using our new Faraway Files logo, which includes Corey and I, for the first time!
The holidays are upon us, and while I do love our holiday traditions, its nice to shake things up every now and again, so for the first time in six years, the boys and I will be spending our winter holidays away from home! I’ve assured my younger son that Santa will find us, even in London!
Speaking of which… Faraway Files will be taking a break for the holidays, and will return on January 4, 2018, with Katy as the first host of the New Year!
I’m excited about all the fun things we’ve got planned during our visit to London! In the spirit of discovery I’m sharing my post about things I’ve discovered in my own hometown: Los Angeles! My post 50 MORE Things to do in Los Angeles, is a companion piece to last year’s post 50 Things to do… and if you can believe it we’re already deep into EVEN more things to do in LA!
Just like every week there were many inspirational posts! The following were some of my favorites from Faraway Files #57:
Shades of Courage gives us the scoop on transatlantic stopovers, and I’m already thinking we need to plan our next big destination, just so we can include the Azores on our intinerary!
I know I’ll be in London for Christmas this year, but Esther of Your Dutch Guide’s post about the Amsterdam Light Festival has me thinking ahead to next year’s Christmas destination.
Jacki of Hit the Road Jacki shares 5 of her favorite US National Parks. Her photos are stunning, and reading about them gives you an idea of just how vast the United States really is.
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Pin for later:
Phoebe | Lou Messugo
Having read and commented on your 50 more things via citytripping, I’m going to check out the original 50 instead. Enjoy your first hosting experience!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it… I’ll be back with All About France, with my one last France post, in the new year… I’d best get back there soon, so I can continue linking up!
Wow, thank you for the feature!! Happy holidays from The Netherlands!!!
You’re so welcome! Happy Holidays!
Catherine’s Cultural Wednesdays
Love your new logo xx
Thank you so much!