Summer break is just around the corner and I’m still undecided as to where our family will travel. There are so many wonderful destinations, I’m having a hard time choosing. Maybe Italy for the coffee and art, or Spain for tapas and siestas, or maybe we’ll just stay home and be tourists in our own city? We’ve come nowhere near discovering all that Los Angeles has to offer.
This week I’ll be sharing a post about some of the most
touristy places iconic film locations in LA. My boys and I get so excited when we see these places in the movies or on television. Calling out, “We’ve been there!” As you can imagine this happens a lot when you live in Los Angeles. Over the years there have been countless references to many of LA’s landmarks in songs, movies, television and video games making them famous the world over. In fact, even if you’ve never been here before you’re probably already familiar with many of them.
What are your summer plans? Have you decided or are you still up in the air? Will you visit somewhere new, or a repeat destination? Maybe you’re coming to LA? If so, let me know, I’ll show you around!
Thanks to everyone who joined our Faraway Files link up last week hosted by Corey & Clare.
Corey’s favorites from last week were:
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Pin for later:
LA is so cool. We have hit most of these spots, love hiking up to the Observatory and seeing the Hollywood sign. Thanks for giving us a few more places to go next time round.
Thank you! I think it’s pretty cool too! Next on my list is the hike behind the sign.
how about San Diego for your spring break get away?
We do enjoy a visit to San Diego, so that could happen!
I have not decided either. There are so many places in England that I want to see, and I am debating whether to go abroad/Europe or have a staycation. On my list is Rome for a city break, or a sunny beach in Europe, or a few places in Uk.
It must be so awesome to watch a movie and say ‘ we have been there ‘. So far it has been a few places in London for me.
All of your ideas sound wonderful! We recently had a beach break in Mexico and LOVED it!!