Though I dream of faraway travel almost daily, and at the very least every Thursday (reading all the lovely posts on Faraway Files), a quick getaway to somewhere close to home is often the more realistic option. This was the case last March when we spent the boy’s Spring Vacation in Palm Springs, which although only a two hour drive from Los Angeles, feels a world away.
The extreme desert climate, landscape and architecture are all so different from what we experience on the Southern California coast. We spent three days exploring the area and this week’s post highlights some of the area’s family friendly activities. Spring is the perfect time to visit this desert city in the heart of the Coachella Valley as the temperatures are still very manageable.
Do you have a favorite getaway destination? Maybe your easy getaway is someone else’s far off dream destination? We’d love to read about it on this week’s Faraway Files!
Last week’s edition was hosted by Clare and Erin. Clare is hosting again this week! Read all about her favorites over on her post. Erin’s favorites were:
Windsor + A Royal Wedding | This Postcard Life
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Pin for later:
So happy you enjoyed my post! Thanks you 🙂