Welcome to this week’s edition of Faraway Files. We’re just back from an epic summer road trip, our third annual, and I’m deep into sorting both laundry and photos. As you can probably imagine I’ve got loads of both! We had a wonderful time exploring the West Coast from LA to Portland, and I’m eager to share all the details with you in the coming weeks.
Much to our delight, our teen enjoyed the trip as much as the rest of us, and let’s face it, whether at home or on vacation it can be difficult to find family friendly activities that appeal to all ages. This week I’ll be sharing my ideas for all ages family fun activities in Los Angeles.
Katy was our host last week and she really enjoyed:
8 Most Interesting Ancient Ruins in Western Turkey – Anywhere We Roam
Ultimate Foodie Guide to Germany – California Globetrotter
Megalithic Monuments of Brittany – A French Collection
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even whenclose to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Thanks so much for the shout out! So glad you enjoyed the post! Hope I didn’t make you too hungry! 🙂
haha! I love food posts, as I think it’s one of the very best ways to get to know a place!