It’s Faraway Files time! I’ve missed all of you and I am looking forward to reading about your summer adventures and to share some of mine with you. I’m always excited when I travel, but I admit that the times when all four of us are equally excited doesn’t happen as often. This week I’ll be sharing the surprise and delight of our visit to Crater Lake National Park in Southern Oregon. Funny enough, what turned out to be the grand finale of our two week vacation was chosen simply because it happened to be on the way home.
As soon as the lake came into view our mouths quite literally dropped open and we collectively went WHOOOA! This was the bluest water we’d ever seen!
Katy and Erin hosted last week! Erin’s favorites were:
5 Reasons to Take Your Family to Sugar Beach, Mauritius | Truly Madly Kids
Tips for Travelling Mozambique With Kids | TraveLynn Family
Nashville City Guide | California Globetrotter
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favorite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favorites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.