I’m hosting Faraway Files this week, and after all your fabulous posts from last week’s edition I’m excited to find out where you’ll be taking me next! From hiking adventures in Norway and New Zealand, castles in Portugal and graffiti in Venice Beach there was a little bit of everything and I’ve definitely added to my ever growing travel wish list.
My kids went back to school weeks ago, but autumn isn’t here just yet and I’m holding on tight to the last days of summer. With this in mind I’m sharing our visit to Laguna Beach just an hour “or so” from Los Angeles and the perfect place for that one last summer hurrah!
Corey was my co-host last week. Here are some of our favorites:
Waimangu Volcanic Valley: World’s Youngest Geothermal System – Albom Adventures
The Hill Town of Óbidos, Portugal – Our World For You
Top 10 Things To Do In Stavanger, Norway – Go Live Young
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favorite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favorites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.