It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and for many people it’s also the busiest. Around our home we are in the midst of planning for the fast approaching holidays, school finals, a milestone birthday, and two upcoming trips. Speaking of milestones, Faraway Files is celebrating two milestones this week. Not only is this our linkup’s 100th edition, but it’s officially one year since Corey and I joined Katy, Clare and Erin to host this wonderful community of world travelers.
Through all of you I’ve been given the opportunity to learn about so many of the fabulous places our world has to offer, and even has to the chance to visit some of them with some of you! I cherish this community of fellow travelers who are not only likeminded in their love of exploration, but also kind, inquisitive and respectful of the people and world around them.
Thank you to all who’ve participated in Faraway Files these past few years, and I look forward to another year of exploring the world together. In the spirit of the season I’m sharing my guide to family friendly winter festivities in and around my home town of Los Angeles.
Corey was the host last week and her favorites were:
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favorite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favorites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.