Happy New Year, and welcome back to Faraway Files! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season filled with all the things that bring you joy. As much as I love the festive season I am ready to see what this new year will bring.
As you’ll see in this week’s post my 2018 was filled with many adventures, and I feel fortunate to have visited such a long list of places including: San Francisco, Atlanta, Palm Springs, Puerto Vallarta, Portland, Seattle, Miami and New Orleans. As always, art played a prominent role in all my travels and at home and I’m excited to see where 2019 leads me where both art and travel are concerned.
I wasn’t the only one who was busy. Our Faraway Files community linked up a whopping 1,269 adventures last year! Now that’s impressive! Do you know where you’ll be heading in the new year, or are you like me with no plans as of yet? Either way I hope you’ll keep linking and dreaming with us every week and I look forward to reading about all the 2019 adventures to come.
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favorite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favorites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Are We Adults Yet
Happy new year! Looking forward to following along on all your adventures in 2019!
Happy New Year!