I recently published my 300th blog post, which got me to thinking about how, when I started this blog almost 4 years ago, I had no idea how long It would last, and I certainly never thought I’d write 300+ entries about everything from street art in Portugal and my loathing of backpack people to super blooms and how to make your own skateboard.
The same goes for this travel community of ours. It has now been 2.5 years since I discovered Faraway Files, and completely out of character, decided to share my ideas for 24 Hours in London. I’m so glad I did!
I don’t spend a lot of time looking at stats, but now seemed as good a time as any, and was surprised at what I learned looking back over the years. Take a look at this week’s article to find out how many different countries have visited HilaryStyle.me.
We’re off on our first glamping trip this weekend, where I’m sure we’ll have adventures worth sharing. Wherever you are or wherever you’re headed have a fabulous weekend.
Erin was our host last week, and her favorites were:
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles. How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favorite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favorites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!