Welcome to this week’s edition of Faraway Files. Summer is on the horizon and with only 5 weeks left in the school year the countdown to vacation has begun. My younger son, Elliot and I will be heading to England (one of our favorite places), and if that weren’t special enough, once again we will be meeting up with Clare and her family. We couldn’t ask for better guides, so we won’t even need to google “things to do”.
Speaking of googling, I often use the search engine to find things to do, even in my hometown of Los Angeles. This week I’ll be sharing my overall Guide to Los Angeles, or rather the homepage for the over 50 articles I’ve written about the City of Angels. Sort of like a one stop shop for all things LA. Another great place to find great things to see and do is Faraway Files. We hope you’ll inspire us with your travel related adventures old or new, and find some fun new ideas for yourself.
Erin was our host last week, and her favorites were:
A Complete Guide to 48 Hours in Budapest, Hungary | Memories of the Pacific
London – Smart Choices with Kids | Daisy the Bus
Why Heritage Matters: Notre Dame de Paris | This Postcard Life
Temple at Gangaikonda Chozhapuram | Le Coin des Bobby
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted every Thursday by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. We hope you’ll link up and inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles. How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favorite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favorites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
We’re all really excited about seeing you. Bet you do end up Googling anyway! Xx
Ha! Maybe, but I’m pretty happy to let you take us around.
Cristina - Memories of the Pacific
Thanks for featuring my blog post! It made my day!
You’re so welcome!