Welcome to Faraway Files #63! We’re already through the first month of the year, and I’ve loved reading about everyone’s adventures and wishes for travel in 2018. We talk a lot about where we’re going and where we’ve been, but what about why we go? What inspires and influences your choice of destination? Budget, distance, sports, favorite books…
Speaking of books! Have you ever loved a book so much you wished the places or people within were real? Wanted to jump into the pages and magically be there with them? I definitely have! In fact, I think it’s my lifelong love of books that has led me to dream of visiting faraway places. I know I’ll never visit Narnia, Shannara, or Westeros (Maybe that last one’s a good thing?), but there are some places straight from the pages of books that I can visit, which leads me to this week’s post all about our recent visit, along with Clare and her family, to the very REAL Hundred Aker Wood. Have you been inspired to travel after reading a book? Visited a place you never dreamed was actually real?
Clare and Corey hosted last week. Here are a few of their favorites:
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Pin for later: