Hello from sunny Southern California, and welcome to another edition of Faraway Files. It seems like spring should be in the air, but winter shows no signs of slowing, in fact it seems to be ramping up these past few weeks, which I’m sure has many of you dreaming of warmer places!
Believe it or not, we’ve even experienced a bit of a cold snap here in Los Angeles, prompting us to dig deep into the recesses of our closets for our seldom used coats and sweaters. What’s a cold snap in Los Angeles, you wonder? We’ll I suppose it’s all relative isn’t it…
Cold snap or no, I absolutely love LA, and have been embracing my continuing mission to explore as much of this city as I possibly can!
This week I’ll be sharing our rainy day adventures (yes, it occasionally rains here) inside Candytopia, a traveling exhibition filled with interactive exhibits, Insta photo ops and of course candy!
Thanks to everyone who joined our Faraway Files link up last week hosted by Katy & Erin. Their favorites were:
Go Live Young – The Complete guide to Petra with Kids
Connie Consumes – Singapore A Food Lovers City Break
Snow in Tromso – What To See And Do In Lahti in Winter
Welcome to Faraway Files, the travel link up hosted by Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Corey from Fifi + Hop, Hilary from Hilarystyle and Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles.
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home, so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Fifi + Hop, HilaryStyle and Oregon Girl around the World. This week’s link up is right here.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the marked hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld @fifiandhop @hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
- Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Pin for later:
Amy @ Amy and the Great World
Cool candy! What a fun idea…bet there is lots of Instagram content there 😉
There certainly was though my boys don’t care much about that part they just loved exploring and tasting!
Thanks for hosting I really enjoyed reading this very diverse round up! #FarawayFiles
You’re welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!
I live in San Diego, so we basically have the same weather you do. Yes — it’s been SO cold! And windy! My daughter’s fence at her home in LA actually blew off and into her yard. Fortunately people and the dog weren’t around when it crashed on the ground. That’s real weather, so unusual for us!
When I purchased a winter coat for our London trip, I had no idea, I’d be getting so much use out of it!