In a few months hilaryStyle will be 4 years old, which is something of a milestone, but a few weeks ago I published my 300th article, that’s 266, 855 words, which absolutely seemed worth mentioning.
When I set out to write this blog I had no idea that I would still be writing it 300+ articles later, nor that I would never miss a single week’s edition. That’s right I’ve never missed a week, which I admit at times feels like a chore, and there are weeks I’m not sure I’ll have something to share, but I always seem to manage and a deadline is a deadline…
In honor of this milestone, I thought I’d share some of the blog’s stats. Although I don’t have the most impressive numbers I do have a steady following. Occasionally I think about throwing in the towel, but then I hear from someone letting me know how much it’s helped them, or made them laugh and I realize it’s still a worthwhile endeavor.
I’ve personally visited 18 countries, and 22 States, which in the world of travel bloggers may not be impressive, but what I do find impressive is that HilaryStyle has been visited by people from 157 different countries. Thinking a blog would be a fun way to share my adventures with friends and family, I had no idea my thoughts, ideas and photos would be shared around the world.
Click on the suitcases for links to related articles.
Where in the World
I’m most popular in the United States, but it’s nice to know that HilaryStyle has reached Greenland, Iran, and Zambia as well.
Ten countries with the most visits:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Ten countries who visit the least:
I’m often surprised as to which posts receive the most and least attention.
The top ten blog posts of all time:
- Making A Tsum Tsum Birthday Party (15, 420 views and still going strong)
- The Home Page
Always a great place to start!
- The Hidden Staircases of Silver Lake
- 50 Things to do in Los Angeles
- Downtown Los Angeles Graffiti & Mural Walking Tour
- Visiting the Anne Frank House
- Things to do in LA’s Korea Town
- 10 Things to do in New Orleans with Kids
- 50 More Things to do in Los Angeles
- 12 Iconic Film Locations in Los Angeles
10 Blog Posts that could use MORE love:
- Taking the High Road… (Since renamed: Day Trip in the Highlands of Scotland)
- Roma! La Citta Eterna (Since renamed: 10 Things to do in Rome)
- Along the Way… Surprise Another Castle (Since renamed: Visiting Blair Castle & Gardens)
- Cocoas Around the World (Since renamed: A Chocolate Travel Tour)
- Pompeii (Since renamed: Day Trip to Pompeii Italy)
- You Can Fly, You Can Fly, You Can Fly… RunDisney (Since renamed: Running with RunDisney)
- Exploring the Highlands of Scotland
- Ireland: Along the Way… Cork (Since renamed: A Visit to Blarney Castle Cork Ireland)
- Along the way… The Heart of Ireland ( Since renamed: A Visit to Newgrange in the Boyne River Valley Ireland)
- Along the Way… Nottingham (Since renamed: An Afternoon in Nottingham)
50 of the 250 travel articles I’ve written are about Los Angeles and surrounding areas, but I’ve got love for other places too. London is in second place with 22 articles, and New Orleans, with 20 articles came in third. France and Scotland are tied for fourth place.
Shoreditch Street Art Tour & Masterclass
St. Pauls Cathedral and Westminster Abbey
10 things to do in New Orleans with Kids
The Garden District New Orleans
New Orleans Let’s Eat Lunch and Talk about Dinner
Fashion & Fun
The blog’s tagline is Travel, Fashion & Fun and while there is a heavy emphasis on travel, I have written 60 fun, 26 street art, and 23 fashion related articles. Occasionally I’m even funny, or at least I make myself laugh and I love to give advice. Here are a few of the most popular articles falling into the aforementioned categories:
DIY: 10 Steps to Building Your Own Longboard
A Super Birthday For Your Little Hero!
Shopping the Sample Sales in LA’s Fashion District
Fashion Favorites: Walking In My Shoes… Travel shoes that is.
Biking & Art on the Atlanta BeltLine
What do you say LA? Messages from the Street (Art That Is)
30 Tips For Better Travel Photos
Packing it all in… My Suitcase!
Whether you’ve been with HilaryStyle since the beginning, or are just joining me, I am so grateful for your interest, and will look forward to continuing the journey. Although I may ease up on that weekly deadline. We shall see…